Sociable

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Today is not yesterday

The Oxygen Channel was showing Cycle 3 of America’s Next Top Model (ANTM) yesterday. It’s a show I have watched since the first cycle and I enjoy having the reruns on in the background while I go about my day. Yesterday was exceptionally busy and draped on top of the BUSY were distractions and frustrations.

I felt like I was swimming against the current all day. Then I saw Eva Pigford. For those of you who have never watched ANTM or maybe don’t remember the feisty little contestant, Miss Eva “Diva” won Cycle 3. The smallest model in that cycle, Eva also holds the distinction of being in the bottom 2 two weeks in a row, which means twice she was almost eliminated from the competition.

I watched Eva and the others off and on as I cooked, cleaned, edited and wrote articles, oh…and fought with the cable company, but that’s a story for another day.

More than once during the hectic day I felt like I had hit bottom. By the time I was slogging through a sink full of cookware too large to fit in the dishwasher, ANTM had progressed to the final episode of the Cycle. I watched Tyra announce Eva as the winner. Eva's reaction is one of my favorite moments of ANTM.

Thanks Eva, for making me smile and reminding me that you can climb back up from the bottom.

Oh, and today? MUCH better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment