Sociable

Monday, January 10, 2011


And again I am behind on my posts. Sigh….

So not that I’ve publicly acknowledged my blogging laziness we can move on. I wanted to talk about birthdays and birthday planning. It is on my mind because in March my son will be celebrating his Golden Birthday. If you don’t know what that is, it’s very simple. You celebrate your Golden Birthday when the age you are turning is the same as the number of the day you were born. He will turn 15 on March 15, hence his Golden Birthday.

The boy is NOT into birthdays anymore. In fact, he has made me promise that there will be no party and no fanfare. Well, I can agree to no party but no fanfare? It’s his GOLDEN birthday! I’ve been waiting fifteen years for this! There will be fanfare…not sure what kind yet, but I’m going to do something fun and special AND he will like it! I will attempt to post updates on my plans the closer we get to March.

Because I obviously was a party planner in a past life, I take an enormous amount of enjoyment writing articles about birthday party planning and gift giving advice. Last year I wrote a series of twelve articles for Helium.com regarding birthday party theme ideas for each month of the year. I thought it would be fun to revisit these pieces through this blog. Since their original publication, I’ve found even more birthday related fun stuff, including cool websites. I want to share this with all of you.

January Birthday Party Themes


January is a great month. As the first month of the year, there is always the excitement of newness and endless possibilities to be looked forward to in a new year. January also has some cool dates that can serve as inspiration for birthday party themes. There is the obvious New Year's Party theme if your birthday is the January 1 or within a week of the start of the month. 

January 18 is A. A. Milne's birthday, making a Winnie the Pooh theme party for younger kids a cute idea. January 19 is National Popcorn and a great theme for a party as it can be tied into a movie night theme. Don't rule out Superbowl themes, WinterWonderland or even an tropical theme to blast away the winter blues.

A link to full January party theme ideas is here

If you are looking for fun websites to help with the party planning consider visiting:


As I post each month's Birthday Post, I will continue to add more great sites to visit for party planning.

If you are celebrating a January birthday I wish you the very happiest of tidings! Other cool people who share your birthday month include:  boxer Rocky Graziano (1/1), author Isaac Asimov (1/2), actor Robert Duvall (1/5), patriot Paul Revere (1/7), singer Pat Benatar (1/10), model Kate Moss (1/16), actress Betty White (1/17), disc jockey Wolfman Jack (1/21), gymnast Mary Lou Retton (1/24), hockey legend Wayne Gretsky (1/26), artist Jackson Pollock (1/28) and actress Minnie Driver (1/31.)

No comments:

Post a Comment