Sociable

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Writer Mom's Revelation



I had a revelation yesterday. At this time in my life, I am simply busy. My freelancing work has taken off (and this is good) leaving me with very little time to pursue my other writing, including daily blog posts. I certainly could force myself to make time to create some great posts, but honestly, right now I need a bit of free time each day to pursue other interests including reading, cooking and time with my family. For me, 2011 is going to be about balance. For the first time in 15 years I am working a full work week and that does not include my "job" as CEO of my household.

I am resolving to be okay with only posting to this blog once a week. It seems like Sunday is a good day for me to post. So there it is, I've taken my first step to finding my personal balance.

When things get really harried, I always remind myself to breathe. Breathe. A single deep breath can really help to clear the frenzies. And who doesn't experience a manic panic every now and then, especially if you are a mom. So, remind yourself to breathe. Breathe my friends.

I leave you with a quote from one of my favorite songs, aptly titled "Breathe (2AM)" by Anna Nalick.

"cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
and life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl
So cradle your head in your hands

And breathe, just breathe
Oh breathe, just breathe"

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean I find I love to blog but it often falls into that important not urgent category! Keep blogging! and Tweeting!

    I read both!
    Amy
    www.getyourbigon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy for the encouragement! I'm determined to keep at for better or worse. On my way to check out your blog. See you in a few...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb. I can relate. The year is running at full throttle for me now.

    I was going to tell you this privately, but I can't seem to figure out how to send you a direct message. So I announce to you this way that I have presented you with The Stylish Blogger Award. You can find the scoop at www.thefoodiespot.com I didn't really want to plug my blog on yours, but this seems to be the only way I can figure out how to get you this message. I am a challenged blog messenger. I do hope you find time to continue with your special style of wit. Good stuff.
    Cheers! Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Scott! I just realized that my button for contact has mysteriously disappeared. I am trying to fix it. I am on my way over to your blog to see you. Thanks for the award, I am very grateful.

    ReplyDelete