Sociable

Friday, May 6, 2011

Auto-tweeting? Nope, not for me.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day about auto-tweeting (is that a hyphenated word?) on Twitter. She had assumed that I auto-tweeted (yep, I am hyphenating) my tweets that link to articles I've written for Helium.com.

I don't. I never have and I never will.

It's a very common practice among people who write for content websites to set up an account at Hootsuite or one of the others and schedule two or three tweets linking to their articles to run every hour. It's not my thing. I want to see more than links in my Twitter stream, I want to see random thoughts, song lyrics, funny quips from your kids, wacky pictures and virtual *hugs* and *coffee* being shared. I figure if that's what I want to see in my stream, chances are there are many people following me that want the same.

So, no...I do not auto-tweet. If you are following me on Twitter each tweet of mine you see is the real thing, entered by hand. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.

How do you feel about auto-tweeting? Do you unfollow people who do it? I'm curious. 

2 comments:

  1. I like those from @gottalaff because they are important things pertaining to politics, but for articles, I am on your side. I have a stream of helium peeps automated stuff that is repetitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a business perspective wouldn't at least a little auto-tweeting links to your own articles make sense? Isn't that the reason lots of people have both Facebook and Twitter accounts, promotion.

    ReplyDelete