Sociable

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Disney World Vacation, I Want One. Now. Please?

I love the Disney Parks Blog. It keeps me updated daily on the goings on at one of my most favorite places on Earth, Walt Disney World. [insert pic of me with big “Goofy” grin as I think Disney] 

I’ve been reading the updates as they’ve been posted about the new Star Tours ride in Disney Hollywood Studios. Actually, it’s not a new ride, but a revamped ride and it has reopened this week. To check out some pics from the opening here’s the link to the Disney Parks Blog page with all the cool scoop. 


For the last week or so I’ve been thinking Disney World. As in, I really, really want to take a Disney vacation. I want to stay at Coronado Springs, ride the seas with the Pirates of the Caribbean, trek to Everest, hang out with Crush and the gang from Finding Nemo and of course journey to a galaxy far, far away via Star Tours.

I could make a list several pages long of all the things I love to do when we visit the Disney parks. As a family, we have made five magical visits. We always stay in one of the Disney resorts and include the Park Hopper into tickets plus the Disney Dining Plan. We are veteran users of the Disney FASTPASS and we always, always spend at least one night enjoying the shops, sites, and sounds of Downtown Disney. It’s one of my favorite places to Christmas shop!

Like any Disney World fan, I have favorite, must-see rides. A couple of these are childhood favorites that I ride and am immediately transported back into my 10-year-old self.  Others are favorites for a multiple reasons, too many reasons to count but mainly because they bring me joy and warm fuzzy memories of laughter shared with my husband and son.

My 10 Favorite Disney World Rides 
(in random order because if I tried to rank them it would take me forever!)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (Magic Kingdom) 
  • Star Tours (Disney Hollywood Studios) 
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (Magic Kingdom) 
  • The Haunted Mansion (Magic Kingdom) 
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic (Magic Kingdom) 
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Disney Hollywood Studios) 
  • Test Track (EPCOT) 
  • The Great Movie Ride (Disney Hollywood Studios) 
  • Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)
  • Primeval Whirl (Animal Kingdom)
Of course only two of my favorite rides were around during my first visit to Disney World when I was a child; the Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Both have been updated in recent years but neither has lost their magic. The Tower of Terror was the first ride my husband and I rode together when we arrived at the parks for our honeymoon. We rode it at night while a storm was brewing in the distance. It was amazingly eerie and unforgettable. We STILL talk about that night and that ride while we wait in line to enter the infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel aka THE Tower of Terror, bwahaha.

It looks like it will be more than a year until our family can enjoy another magical Disney World vacation. By that time thousands will have careened through space on the new Star Tours but I know when we finally get back there will be seats waiting for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment