Sociable

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Counting my blessings.

I'm not going to talk about everything that has taken place the last month in my life. It's.Been.Busy. 'Nuff said.

So...anyhooo....yesterday, our 5 year old high efficiency dryer broke. Well, broke seems to imply that I was using it and the machine made a noise or some other indicator of nastiness and went kaput. Oh no, that was not the case. I simply loaded my wet load of whites into the dryer, closed the door and pressed my setting button. And nothing. Nada. Zilch. No blinky lights, no digital readout. I double-checked the door was closed securely and tried again. Nothing. Sigh. I opened the door, made sure there was no blockage, secured the door again and still no magic when the button was pressed.

Yes, I know what Mom REALLY said.
Crap. Although I believe I may have said something stronger but only the cat was within earshot and she's not talking.

A read through of the trouble-shooting page of the owner's manual gave me minimal hope. It might be a blown fuse, easy enough to fix. I decided to wait until the Hubs came home so I could dump this problem into his lap. He is my Mr. Fix-it and prides himself with being able to fix most anything that breaks around the house. And he is actually as good as he thinks, so I was more than happy to turn it over to him. But on the off chance it was beyond his capabilities, I spent several minutes on the phone with Sears getting info regarding our newly (last month) expired warranty. Yes, the icing on the cake was the dryer's warranty expired LAST month. Good grief.

The dryer did not miraculously cure itself overnight, although I had hopes. I washed a load and now have a drying rack filled with clothes plus various items hung on hangers in strategic areas where they will be blown dry by the air from the ceiling fan. Another call to Sears and I am now the proud owner of another warranty and a service appointment.

Yes, this has all been a hassle and headache but I decided that in 100 degree heat I would much rather have my clothes dryer go kaput than my air conditioner! I am counting my blessings and looking on the bright side. It's all good.



Gratitude is an art of painting 
an adversity into a lovely picture.  
~ Kak Sri  ~







 

No comments:

Post a Comment