Sociable

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's a Fit Frappe Friday

I signed up for Klout and have been enjoying the experience. It is mildly amusing to watch my "influence" numbers dip and climb. I have found several interesting people to follow on Twitter through Klout that I otherwise might have missed, so that is a perk. The other perk of Klout is, well the Perks.

It all started when someone in my stream tweeted they had just received free (yes, FREE) Secret deodorant and was sharing with Twitter friends. A couple of clicks later, I was the happy recipient of free deodorant as well. I began checking in the Perks section of Klout and a couple of weeks ago found myself eligible for a Fit Frappe giveaway from Big Train. I wasn't sure what the Fit Frappe was or how it would taste, but I'm always up to try a new product. Click, click and click and I was registered to receive the Perk.

My Fit Frappe arrived this week and Woo-Double-Hoo!!!!!!!!!! First of all, I love getting packages and second, upon opening not only were there 5 sample servings of different flavors. These included mocha, espresso, vanilla, vanilla latte and chocolate. I would have posted a picture but we've already enjoyed 3 of the 5! The generous folks at Big Train also sent a 36.3-ounce, that's 2.26 llbs or 1,026 grams of protein drink mix. Wowsers!

So what exactly is Fit Frappe? Fit Frappe is a meal replacement drink that contains 21 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fat and 130 calories per 16 fluid ounce serving. It does not contain cholesterol or trans fat and has only 300 mgs of sodium per 16 fluid ounce serving. These are the nutritional stats for the mocha flavor as it was the flavor I requested.

The powered mix can be blended with ice in a blender (or Magic Bullet), mixed in a shaker and served over ice or served hot. The canister has an easy-to-hold handle indentation and twist off lid. It came with a measuring scoop. The mixing directions are clearly presented on the side and very easy to follow. Today I made myself a blended mocha for lunch along with a banana. And it was goooooood!!!

The chocolate-y aroma from the powder was very enticing as I measured two scoopfuls into the blender where I had already added about a cup and a half of ice. Six ounces of cold water went in next and then it was blending time. In about two minutes I had a frothy, icy mocha creation! The mocha flavor was lush, sweet but not cloying. The coffee flavor was present and balanced nicely with the chocolate. In one word, it was...

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

I frequent a local coffee shop which offers some pretty darn good coffee and their frappes are delicious. My standard order is their sugar free mocha blended, made with skim milk. It is refreshing and consistently good. However, after experiencing the Fit Frappe, made at home in my own blender, well....I have to honestly say that I like the Fit Frappe better. It had more body and better flavor. I also didn't have to get in my car and drive six miles to get it!

My 15 year-old son has now had both the vanilla latte and the vanilla flavors and he loved them both! Not a blended drink fan, I made his in a shaker and then served it over ice. He drained the vanilla latte flavor quicker than he does a glass of chocolate milk. The plain vanilla was also equally enjoyed. I did taste both flavors and had to agree that they were very tasty, the vanilla strong but not overpowering and the drink's sweetness nicely balanced.

The final verdict in our house is that Big Train's Fit Frappe drink mixes are a WINNER!

If you'd like to find out more about this new drink mix, check them out on Facebook at facebook.com/bigtrain or at Twitter at @bigtrain.














3 comments:

  1. I am with you, I don't have a clue what Fit Frappe is! And I really don't get Klout either. I have realized over the last few weeks that I am getting invites to so many groups my head is spinning. I am sure I will mess up all the passwords and will forget to visit some altogether. Is this Klout thing a good thing? If it gives you free stuff I need details! I am a new follower thru GFC. I did not see FB or Twitter badges so I could not follow there and if you need me to please leave me links when you come over to follow me back. I would love to know more about Klout! Thanks so much and have great day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do really have a great blog! I love to be here every now and then. anyway i want to invite you to join our new community http://girlstalksociety.com where in you can share your blog posts, create new groups, meet new friends and you can even be a moderator there if you want to, so we can feature your site in the gts spotlight. just do let me know by pm...my username there is prewchatterly. Lets help each others blog have better rankings. by the way this october we will be having our everyday BLOG HOP AND MEME feel free to join in your free time Godbless you! hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete