Sociable

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Been gone, but coming back!

I was going to wait until December 1 to begin posting again, but.....I found myself not being able to wait. I've missed writing posts and am anxious to get back into a routine. I have been doing NaNoWriMo this month and it's going fine. I won't make 50K words but I am thrilled with what I've already accomplished so it's all good for me.

**insert my big cheesy grin here**

My freelance projects have kept me super busy, but again that's a very good thing going into the holiday season as the extra cash will be much appreciated. There have been lots of other things a-happening as well...family stuff, personal stuff and again more family stuff. Have I mentioned I'm a mom? LOL

Anyhoo, I'm back and I'm looking forward to sharing some really neat posts with everyone.

I've kept up with my reading during this hectic time in my life, mainly because it's the one thing that helps me keep my sanity, along with my daily workouts. I have several books that I want to share with you and today I am sharing my short review of Robison Wells' young adult novel VARIANT.

Variant (Variant, #1)Variant by Robison Wells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


VARIANT held my interest from the first chapter to the last. Robison Wells winds an intriguing story that at first seems like it is moving in one direction, and then BAM, it twists and takes you somewhere unexpected. I liked that. His main character Benson Fisher is likable and believeable despite the unbelievable situation he has found himself in.

Without sharing any spoilers, VARIANT takes the reader into Maxfield Academy, a boarding school without teachers or adults of any kind. Ruled by three "gangs" and an invisible presence who communicates via TV and computer screen. Benson is the newest student at Maxfield Academy and from the moment he steps foot onto the property, his life is no longer his own. Author Wells, offers several twists and turns as we experience Maxfield with Benson.

VARIANT is a quick read and one that was difficult to put down. If you enjoy stories like the "Twilight Zone" and Michael Grant's "Gone" series, VARIANT will not disappoint. Even if you are new this type of suspenseful YA fiction, VARIANT will not disappoint. It is a recommended read!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check this out. I love reading YA books actually! :)

    I'm stopping by from the finding new friends hop and following you by gfc. I'd love if you'd stop by my blog and follow me back. Have a great weekend.

    Lisa

    http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete