Sociable

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Been Writing, Reading & Writing Some More

Wow. WOW! Okay, I had to say it again, most emphatically. I can't believe my last post was December 9. Yikes! I knew I had taken a hiatus but it didn't really sink in just how long it has been until I looked at my last (and delicious) post about chocolate!

So what inspired me to hit the keyboard today and share something new? Well, this morning I was chatting with Roberta from More Thyme Than Dough blog on Twitter. By the way, if you are not reading her delightful blog, I really encourage you to do so. She is a wonderful writer, shares amazing recipes and many interesting food tips and stories.

Anyway....chatting with Roberta and realized how I keep putting off creating posts because of my other writing jobs. And I have been busy. Since the 18th of this month I've written 26 articles for several different clients. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but after writing for somebody else all day, I am often out of words when I've a bit of free time. What I realized is that I have been keeping up with rating and reviewing on GoodReads. So why not share one of those book reviews with you?

I've posted my GoodReads book reviews before, but would like to do so today and am hoping that this little foray back into my blog will inspire me to create some new content to share with you over the next several months. I can do this, right?

I am currently rereading "The Vampire Diaries" series by L.J. Smith. Going to share my review of Book 1.


The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening (Vampire Diaries, #1)The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L.J. Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I find I give most books 4 stars, because my gut reaction upon finishing that last page typically is "I really liked it!" This first book in the Vampire Diaries series was definitely a "I really liked it" reaction, teetering on a "Wow!" The wow comes from the last page of the book. One word...cliffhanger.

If you have only watched the television show on the CW, I strongly encourage you to read the books. I read the series a long time ago, before the tv series and loved the books. L.J. Smith's characters are some of my favorite, especially Damon Salvatore. He is the king of attitude and I simply cannot get enough of him. Our heroine Elena, in my opinion, is annoying at best to begin with; such a self-centered snob, however, she does evolve nicely into a character you can believe and stand behind. Her best friends are some of my most favorite supporting characters. I just adore Bonnie's bubbly personality and innocence which balances nicely with Meredith's shrewd eye for detail. For those of you that watch the show, the original book Bonnie has very little in common with the witch Bonnie on tv. In addition, there are many differences between the show and books. They both have their merits and I encourage you to read the books to see how the original story unfolds.

So I haven't mentioned Stefan Salvatore, the book's tragic hero. I have to admit this is because in this series he has always been my least favorite character. To me, Stefan is weak and boring. I'd take a human Matt over the morose vampire. However, the love story between Elena and Stefan did grow on me as the book progressed. I can say that my ambivalence towards Stefan in no way deters me from enjoying the book. It's a good read and one I'd recommend to anyone who enjoys supernatural YA.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. nice your site thanks for sharing love you all teme good work keep it up.
    Hack Wifi Password

    ReplyDelete